Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So here is a song a little less known by the long time band Lifehouse. It is off of their more recent album "Who We Are" and it is the very last song on the CD. I have played it so many times, the entire track is scratched (but yet none of the other ones on it are).
Anyways, this song is kinda long, kinda slow, and maybe even kinda repetitive...but I think it is the most beautiful thing I have heard in both lyrics, and with the unique oceanic vibes they give off.
One of things I love most about this song is that I can place myself in it...as both the "I" and the "You". It helps me to know that although I have gone through some pretty crazy times in my life, I can always rise above it in the end, by depending upon myself.

Lifehoust "Storm"



How long have I been in this storm?
/ so overwhelmed by the ocean's
shapeless form / water's getting
harder to tread / with the waves
crashing over my head

If I could just see you / everything
would be alright / if I'd see you /
this darkness would turn to light

And I will walk on water / and you
will catch me if I fall / and I will
get lost into your eyes / I know
everything will be alright / I know
everything is alright

I know you didn't bring me out
here to drown / so why am I ten
feet under and upside down /
barely surviving had become my
purpose / because I'm so used to
living underneat the surface

If I could just see you / everything
would be all right / if I'd see you /
this darkness would turn to light

And I will walk on wter / and you
will catch me if I fall / and I will
get lost into your eyes / I know
everything will be alright / I know
everything is alright

1 comment:

Melissa (Irving) Meldrum said...

Very pretty song. I really like the words! I'm glad you have a song that makes you feel stronger. We all need songs that make us feel better. I hope you know that you can count on me to help pull you out of the storms too. I love you, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow night!!!