Let's see, where to start...well how about a list of what's happened since May 16, 2010 (my last blog update):
- Prince Family Reunion
- Meldrum Family Reunion
- Brian's Homecoming
- Al and Byron's Engagement
- Idaho/Oregon trip with Brian
- Endless Cabin trips
- 1st trip to TX
- Al's Wedding
- MY Engagement
- Beth's Wedding
- Trip back to UT for Thanksgiving
- 2nd trip to TX
- Christmas
- Brian's Job
- Our Wedding Day
- Honeymoon
- Valentines Day
- Today!
I know, it's a long list...how dare I go this long w/out posting anything for you guys when SO many life changing things have happened?
So in July 2010 I took almost an entire month off of work so that I could road trip back and forth across the country!
The first stop was in Cortez, CO for the Prince Family Reunion. It was SO much fun seeing all the Aunts, Uncles, cousins and more! There was diffidently never a dull moments with that crew...we were kinda in the middle of no where at the Laniers (my Moms 2nd oldest sisters family farm), great place to ride horses and drive 4-wheelers all day with no restrictions. We played card games every night, ate Peanut Butter Fudge til our stomics hurt, and played the best version ever of "The Amazing Race" (thanks to Aunt Paula, my Moms oldest sister).
Here's the Prince Family!
Although the Prince Family Reunion was awesome, it had to come to an end. So then it was off to the Meldrum Family Reunion in New Port Beach, CA (yes, I crashed someone elses family reunion). Clay, Melissa, Zoey and I took of at about 4am from CO and got to CA about 6ish that same day...it was a long (but well worth it) drive! While there we had FHE every night, beach time every day, amazing views and tons of people watching! One day we even went to LA/Hollywood for a taping of the Craig Ferguson Show (HIlarious), plus he was interviewing Nicholas Cage! But like before, it came to and end...but the last night was the Annual Meldrum Jam! We sang Beach Boys songs and each got to play the Harmonica...GO BISHOP!
After the Reunions, we hit the road again! Clay, Melissa, Zoey and I drove all the way to good ol' Dallas, TX! It was so much fun driving around with them, and even more fun just hanging out for a few days. But, I had to fly back to real life...
About a week or 2 later Elder Bertola came home from the Texas Lubbock Mission! I convinced his Dad to go, and he in turn made sure I went to the airport too. It was kinda weird, but in the end it was worth it...

Just 2 1/2 weeks later Mom, Al, Byron, Brian and I went to Logan for one last hurrah before Mom and Al went back to TX. So we went out for the day riding 4-wheelers with Uncle Frank and his family, then lo and behold Al and Byron come back from a ride and she has something shiny on her left ring finger...that's right, they got engaged! Then 2 days later Mom and Al left to TX finally, where Byron joined them 2 weeks later to start there life together.

Then 2 days after Mom and Al left, Brian and I left for to Idaho and Oregon! Oh and this is just 12 short hours after our second 1st kiss.
Idaho was SO awesome, and it was SO much fun seeing the Brysons. They live in this cool tiny town stuck inbetween 2 universities. It was a long but gorgeous drive (sorry, no pics of Idaho).
However, in Oregon we took a few pics and had an even bigger blast (hard to believe considering how much fun the Brysons are)!
We went to Portland Oregon to hang out with Brians older brother Ben and his awesome wife Brooke plus Elvis and Jake (dogs)...they are always doing something interesting, so there is never a dull moment. We spent a few days just the 4 of us walking around Downtown - where I introduced Brian to Thai Food. It's also where we discovered Voodoo Donuts (look 'em up).
The 4 of us also went camping for a few days and site seeing around the coast.
Behind us is "Haystack Rock" from The Goonies!

Later Brians parents met up with us in Oregon and took us (minus Brooke who had to work) to New Port, OR. It's a place on the coast that they go to pretty much every time they go to Oregon. We went crabbing, ate at a ton of different breweries, took Bens jeep on sand dunes, and we can't forget Oyster shots!
We went to Oregon not knowing when or even IF we wanted to go back to Utah. But eventually after about 2 weeks, we started the drive back.
While we were in Utah for a few weeks, we made countless trips up past Heber and other tiny towns to Weber Canyon where they have some family cabins that his sister Maria needed help fixing (again, no pics) but it was fun, long, annoying and awesome!
After that it was time to head down to Houston for Al and Byrons wedding...which Brian was invited to, so of course I dragged him with me!
On our way down, there was alot of talking, and obviously ALOT of driving! We stopped in a few places he served like Hobbs, NM, Lubbock, TX (home to the amazing One Guys Calzone) and then stayed in Dallas for a few days to hang with my family.
Once we got to town it was go go go! Through out the week there were countless rumors going around about Brian having "The Talk" with my Dad (all rumors, none true). Then it was Als wedding day!
It was beautifully awesome!
Just 3 short days after Al got married, Brian and I headed to San Antonio to have Puffy Tacos and explore the town. Brian however, had some other plans...at the bottom of the America's Tower there are a tone of really cool water fountains, and right there in the middle of them he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him - I then responded "are you kidding me?" and about 15 seconds later I finally believed him and said yes!
Later that same week was Beth's wedding! Which was SO pretty and I was honored to be apart of Beth, Ryan and baby Ethans big day.
The very next day Brian and I had to head back to Utah for Thanksgiving with his family! It was WAY different being away from my family, but it was nice spending time with the Bertolas and being in Utah again - as much as I never thought I would say this, I love and miss Utah (shh, don't tell)!
It's sad to say goodbye, but after Thanksgiving, it was time to once again pack everything up and move to Houston. It was another long drive, with more stops in Brians mission and another stop in Lubbock for One Guys Calzone, oh and another day or 2 in Dallas.
Once we got to Houston Brian started looking for a job, we were trying to decide on a date and reserve the Temple. Plus it was Christmas time!
The entire family came to Mom and Dads house for Christmas, it was really crowded but like always, tons of fun.
Then after all the festivities it was time to get the ball rolling on wedding plans considering we had less than a month to get everything ready.
Also right around this same time, Brian got a job with First Community Credit Union. So that means that for the last 3 weeks before our wedding, he was in training almost every day. Which sucked, but of course had to be done.
It all worked out great though, the wedding went off great! All the family made it to town, the photographer was amazing, and the Fondue was delicious. Oh, plus I was getting sealed to Brian!
Obviously after the wedding it was Honey Moon time! We went to Las Vegas where we did a ton of people watching, no gambling, site seeing, eating, and...other stuff :D
We spent a few days there and then headed to Utah again (all via Planes this time, no driving) for our second reception/open house in Orem. It was a chance to see his family again, and see Dallas for the last time before he left on his mission to the Philippines.
We were only there for a few short days and then went back to Houston to officially start our life together.
Exactly 1 week after we got home, it was Valentines Day! I didn't think we needed to do anything big since we had JUST barely gotten married, but Brian had the day off so we went to the Zoo and saw pretty much every animal exhibit there!
Now basically it's today...which is awesome! Life has kept going, I've been looking for a job (even was offered an awesome opportunity, which will remain secret for a few months). Brian works 4 days a week and then we pretty much get little "stay-cations" during the week.
All in all, life is great!
(sorry about the crazy long post, but you asked for it!)
1 comment:
YAY!!! I just found your blog... I feel so honored that we made the 2010 entry!!! ;) Love y'all.
Post a Comment